"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." --Psalm 106:1

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

making the most of warm weather days

As our summer-like weather winds down, we're trying to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. A few things Abby's really enjoying right now are bubbles, climbing at the playground and playing in her sandbox.

Abby just discovered how to blow her own bubbles...too cute. She was trying so hard every time we pull them out (which is every few days or so). After many attempts to teach her, she finally discovered just the right technique...and boy was she excited about it!

Another newfound skill is climbing the "rock" wall at the playground behind our house. She just looks so big being brave and climbing on her own. Our little "peanut" is growing up!

One under-bed storage container, $8 + one bag of play sand, $2.50 + a few random cups and shovels = tons of fun! Wish I could take credit for this idea (seems so simple!), but I can't. Got the idea from a friend. Abby's had a lot of fun with it. I just put the lid on when she's not playing with it, and I even moved it to the garage for her to enjoy on windy, chilly and/or rainy days. If I'd only gotten the idea a few months ago so she could have enjoyed it all summer!

1 comment:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

We had a shaving cream pit two summers ago in one of those turtle sand boxes--it was LOADS of fun. In fact, we too have been taking advantage of this weather and had a shaving cream fight just the other day--do see the trend??? Apparently, we LOVE shaving cream. Your girl is just adorable! Glad you all are enjoying this WARM fall.