"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." --Psalm 106:1

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweet Pea turns 2!

I can hardly believe that our Sweet Pea turned two today. My how it seems like yesterday that I held her in my arms for the very first time, in awe of the handiwork of God in our long-awaited, bundled blessing. Now here we are, two years later with... A sweet little girl who brings such joy to our hearts and lives daily. A sweet little girl who lights up a room with her smile and bubbly spirit. A sweet little girl who has a great love for books, Play-Doh and her beloved "Pinky" the pink (or formerly pink) bear. A sweet little girl who sings "Jesus Loves Me," "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," or "Praise Him All You Little Children" (or a medley of all three) at any random time of the day or night. A sweet little girl who often wraps her arms around my neck without a moment's notice and says "I lub you, Mommy."

Your Daddy and I love you so, our sweet, loving, joy-filled and strong-willed, Abby Renee. God blesses and enriches our lives in so many ways through you. I am just amazed at the fact that He chose you to be our daughter and us to be your Mommy and Daddy, and we are continually honored and humbled by the opporutnity. Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Pea!

1 comment:

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Abby!
I am so glad I get to keep up with you on your Mommy's blog! You are a very sweet and adorable little girl who is well-loved! You are so blessed to have such a terrific, caring Mother. I know this because she also took care of me for a while! Have a great 2nd year full of fun and happiness!
-Sarah and Lydia