"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." --Psalm 106:1

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a little princess

As I was shopping for Easter dresses for Abby I brought a few home and let her try them on (since it's easier than shopping with her and trying them on in the store). I got such a kick out of her twirling, spinning and looking at herself in the mirror with each one. It was just so sweet. She was so proud of each one. Every time I'd put a different dress on her, she'd say, "I'm a princess, Mommy." What little girl, or big one, for that matter, doesn't like the thought of being a princess? The cool thing is that as Christ-followers, we are princesses--daughters of the Almighty King! Wow. Pretty incredible to think about, isn't it?
By the way, check out Sheila Walsh's series about Gigi: God's Little Princess sometime. It's a great collection of books, videos, etc. for little girls.

No comments: