If you haven't already, read the previous post first, then read this one. It'll give you some context.
****************
During my Bible study this week, I read a quote from Beth Moore that I couldn't agree with more: "Through his trials Paul learned something I believe God desires for all believers to learn: the presence, purpose and power of God is best discovered through difficulty." So very true and right where we're living.
****************
During my Bible study this week, I read a quote from Beth Moore that I couldn't agree with more: "Through his trials Paul learned something I believe God desires for all believers to learn: the presence, purpose and power of God is best discovered through difficulty." So very true and right where we're living.
Last Tuesday, upon learning about our loss, my sister-in-law, Ami, sent me a text that included just this verse: "O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me." (Psalm 30:2) Perfect verse, Ami. What an incredible God to care so deeply about the details of our lives! I am amazed at how God has used not only our cries to Him but the prayers of many of our family and friends to help us heal. Furthermore, I'm amazed at what He has done in us in just a week. Incredible. Just incredible. Our hearts are by no means completely healed yet from our recent loss, but we're doing really well. Only God can do that.
In my Bible study this week, I also read about the fact God sometimes ordains difficulty in our lives. We certainly have evidence of that in the Word...Job, Paul, etc. While I cannot possibly compare myself to those I just mentioned, I have no doubt that God's perfect will, His perfect choice, was for us to know this loss, this hardship. During the past week I've experienced God in ways that I never have before, and I'm so grateful for that. And I have no doubt that another of God's purposes in allowing this trial is that He intends to use me/us to minister to others who have experienced the same loss. I'm quite honored to be used in that way. As one of my sweet nurses reminded me last week, "God doesn't waste our pain." I can't wait to see what God does with mine!
Actually, I have already seen God at work as we try to help Abby understand the loss and that "the baby is no longer in Mommy's tummy." We talked with Abby about the baby all the time. And she often talked to her baby brother/sister and told anyone who would listen that she was going to be a big sister. Transitioning away from that has been difficult. But, the situation has allowed us the opportunity to help Abby learn that we're trusting God with our future and believing that He will allow her to once again be a big sister someday. (Proverbs 3:5-6, Jeremiah 29:11-12)
"...weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5) It surely does. God is so good.
Actually, I have already seen God at work as we try to help Abby understand the loss and that "the baby is no longer in Mommy's tummy." We talked with Abby about the baby all the time. And she often talked to her baby brother/sister and told anyone who would listen that she was going to be a big sister. Transitioning away from that has been difficult. But, the situation has allowed us the opportunity to help Abby learn that we're trusting God with our future and believing that He will allow her to once again be a big sister someday. (Proverbs 3:5-6, Jeremiah 29:11-12)
"...weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5) It surely does. God is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment