I've been meaning to blog about this for a couple of weeks. Not a deep, serious post, but one that I hope you will find humor in, especially if you have young kids (or have had).
Abby wakes up crying at 1:30 a.m. which is very unusual for her. My first thought was that she's teething or her ear is hurting. Okay, my first thought was actually, "I'm really tired and do not want to get up." I was honestly very frustrated...admittedly selfish. Anyway, John actually beat me out of bed by a few minutes. He gets Abby up, goes downstairs and sits down in the recliner hoping she won't really wake up much and will go back out with the help of some rocking. That lasted about 30 minutes. Then I hear him get up to get a bottle. I dozed off a bit and was soon awakened by babbling and pitter patter of little feet. Apparently the bottle didn't work. So, I get up to relieve John so he can get some rest. By this time, Abby's in "play mode." You'd think it was 2:30 in the afternoon.
I laid down on a blanket with her in the floor and played as much as I could half-awake. She pulls out one of her favorite books of farm animals which also has animal puzzle pieces in it. As we're flipping through I'm talking about each animal and making their respective sounds like I normally do...."piggy...oink, oink, oink...". As I was doing my best pig sound impersonation, Abby looks at me so seriously, with somewhat of a puzzled look on her face and says, "doggy?" Yes, in my blurry-eyed, half-awake state I was pointing right at the dog saying "piggy...oink, oink, oink." Ha, ha, ha! I laughed out loud after I realized my mistake. Thanks, God. I needed that little humorous moment in the midst of a frustrating time trying to get a toddler to wind down and go back to sleep....which she did about a half-hour after that. Oh, the joys of parenting. :-)
Abby wakes up crying at 1:30 a.m. which is very unusual for her. My first thought was that she's teething or her ear is hurting. Okay, my first thought was actually, "I'm really tired and do not want to get up." I was honestly very frustrated...admittedly selfish. Anyway, John actually beat me out of bed by a few minutes. He gets Abby up, goes downstairs and sits down in the recliner hoping she won't really wake up much and will go back out with the help of some rocking. That lasted about 30 minutes. Then I hear him get up to get a bottle. I dozed off a bit and was soon awakened by babbling and pitter patter of little feet. Apparently the bottle didn't work. So, I get up to relieve John so he can get some rest. By this time, Abby's in "play mode." You'd think it was 2:30 in the afternoon.
I laid down on a blanket with her in the floor and played as much as I could half-awake. She pulls out one of her favorite books of farm animals which also has animal puzzle pieces in it. As we're flipping through I'm talking about each animal and making their respective sounds like I normally do...."piggy...oink, oink, oink...". As I was doing my best pig sound impersonation, Abby looks at me so seriously, with somewhat of a puzzled look on her face and says, "doggy?" Yes, in my blurry-eyed, half-awake state I was pointing right at the dog saying "piggy...oink, oink, oink." Ha, ha, ha! I laughed out loud after I realized my mistake. Thanks, God. I needed that little humorous moment in the midst of a frustrating time trying to get a toddler to wind down and go back to sleep....which she did about a half-hour after that. Oh, the joys of parenting. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment