"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." --Psalm 106:1

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

potty-trained!

For all intents and purposes, it is DONE! We are diaper-free. We've had a couple of failed attempts at the milestone in the past five months or so, but we've now conquered that mountain! I attempted training just as Abby turned two back in January. It halfway worked for a week or two and then Abby got sick, John got sick...and it just didn't stick. I thought we'd take a break and try it again a couple months later. We did. In March. Another unsuccessful attempt. One thing after another happened, just life stuff, and I didn't want it to be a marathon process. So, we stopped again.

So, last Monday, June 22, I declared our household diaper-free. Attempt #3 at potty-training. I was determined. No giving up this time. No matter what! So, out with the diapers (except for bedtime). I informed Abby of this and put her in big girl undies right away, which she was quite happy about. After exactly one week of lots of reptition, plenty of rewards, a few accidents and some frustration here and there...I decided to put an end to the diapers (pull-ups, actually) altogether...even at night. And we did it! Abby has done remarkably well and is quite excited about being such a big girl!

No comments: