"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." --Psalm 106:1

Friday, May 1, 2009

The hills are alive...

...with the sound of music! Not long ago, John decided to introduce Abby to this classic when we were trying to find a family-friendly movie in our DVD collection. He already loves the movie/musical, and I've always enjoyed seeing it since he introduced me to it when we were dating 10 or so years ago.

So, our sweet Abby has recently come to love the Sound of Music as well and even prefers it over her typical favs like Curious George and Imagination Movers sometimes. She asks often to watch the "Sound of Moo-sic." She, of course, hasn't seen it in its entirety, but she loves the musical parts, especially the ones including the Von Trap children. So, she picked up on some of the songs right away like "So Long, Farewell" and "Do-Re-Mi." We love to hear her sing them!

In fact, yesterday as I was taking a walk with Abby riding in the stroller, she started singing the chorus of "Do-Re-Mi." I figured she would stop and start over once she got a couple of lines into it, but, no, she sang the entire chorus....over...and over...and over! I was blown away! So, when John got home from work, I had her sing it for him (he was blown away, too, and quite proud of his sweet girl), and below is that rendition. Amazingly, she even has the right octive on a lot of the lines. It's so sweet.

In case you aren't familiar with the words -- and can't pick up each one clearly from the video :-) -- here they are...
Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow so
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to do oh oh oh

No comments: