After much deliberation and feedback from some friends who have had great experiences with the BeachBody workouts, John and I decided to purchase Power 90 a couple of weeks ago. We were looking for a new beginning for working out regularly again and something we could do together for motivation and accountability.
We started our new routine on May 1, and we can both feel it already (soreness...ouch)! The beginning of the month seemed like a perfect time to begin a new routine...up at 5:15 a.m. six days a week to workout, alternating cardio/abs and circuit weight training on those six days. I have to admit, it's difficult to get out of bed that early, much less to work out that early, but wow has it made a dramatic difference in my day! I'm so much more productive in the mornings now and can use the time when Abby naps in the afternoons for reading, catching up on e-mail and blogging and/or getting things done around the house. Of course, I'm tired much earlier in the evenings now, but that's been a good thing, too. I rarely stay up late anymore.
John and I are excited about the new routine, and can't wait to see the results when we complete the 90 days. I don't know that we'll be any of the extreme cases that BeachBody share's on its website, but so far, so good. I can feel the difference physically, not to mention the impact it has mentally. I never thought I'd enjoy working out to videos, but I can say that I highly recommend the Power 90. Who knows, we may move on to the P90X after three months of the Power 90!
No comments:
Post a Comment